|January 9, 2020
12:00 - 14:00
|CTCI New England
51 B Killington Ave., Rutland, VT, United States
Just starting out with, or looking to switch over to a Mac? Come learn with CTCI about some of the basics to make the process easier.
We will introduce different account types and when each is useful, different common file types, how to share and sync files across multiple devices, key apps on a Mac, and ways to create backups of your data. You will also walk away with shortcuts, tips, and tricks that will make workflow on your Apple device more efficient.
Come learn with CTCI for a FREE luncheon event! We invite you to join us for a chance to learn something new as well as to connect with others in the region who are interested in technological development. We will provide a light lunch beginning at 12:00, which will lead into an information session. The session will conclude with an opportunity for discussion and Q&A.
Making a Switch to a Mac topics will cover:
- Types of user accounts: administrator, standard, guest
- Navigation through the user environment: Finder, Launchpad, Dock, System Preferences, Dashboard, Trash, Disk Utility, Quitting
- File types: recognizing file types, permissions, saving options
- Using iCloud: for storage and synchronization
- Creating Backups: Time Machine, iCloud, Clone with Disk Utility, Server Backup
- Intro to key apps: AppStore, Safari, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Messages, Siri, iMovie, photos, books
- Shortcuts & Tips: spotlight, screenshots, option button, control click, quicklook, Siri preferences, parental controls, dark mode
If you are planning on attending, please reserve your spot by booking below with the number of spaces you would like to reserve. Booking will close 24 hours before the start of this event. Thank you, we look forward to seeing you! If you have questions about this event please email Erica at emcaetano[at]circletechcollective.com.