New to the 8800 Series portfolio is the Cisco IP Conference Phone 883210. The IP Conference Phone 8832 builds upon the features of the Unified IP Conference Phone 8831 with a new more contemporary ergonomic design. The Cisco IP Conference Phone 8832 (Figure 24) facilitates a more productive in-room and executive office conferencing experience. Designed specifically for use in mid-size to large conference rooms and executive offices, it delivers “as good as being there” acoustical performance with crisp highs and clear lows.
- Superior HD audio performance: The full-duplex wideband (G.722), hands-free speaker helps improve productivity for mission-critical communications.
- Scalable room coverage: The base station supports up to 400 sq. feet (37.2 sq. meters) with up to 10 participants. Optional wired extension microphones double the room support to up to 800 sq. feet (74.3 sq. meters) with up to 26 participants. In CYQ4, “daisy-chaining” a second base station and adding optional Digital Equipment Cordless Telephony (DECT) wireless microphones enables support of up to 1140 sq. feet (106 sq. meters) with up to 42 participants.
- New contemporary design: The 8832 includes a new ergonomic design with integrated dialpad, backlit pixel-based color display, large mute key (for easy participant access from all angles) and rounded edges for ease of handling.
- Choice of two color options (charcoal and white).
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) 738 and 740 compliance for superior audio performance.
- Latest security enhancements including Transport Layer Security 1.2 (TLS) and Secure Hash Algorithm 2 (SHA-2) for encryption