The Cisco Meraki MR42 is a four radio, cloud-managed 3×3 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for next-generation deployments in offices, schools, hospitals, shops, and hotels, the MR42 offers performance, security, and simple management.
With a combination of cloud management, high performance hardware, multiple radios, and advanced software features, the MR42 makes an outstanding platform for the most demanding of uses today and tomorrow. These uses include high-density deployments and support for applications like voice and high-definition video.
Ideal use cases
- Performance-critical wireless LANs
- High-density environments
- 3×3:3 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
- 1.9 Gbps aggregate dual-band frame rate
- 24×7 real-time WIDS/WIPS and spectrum analytics via dedicated third radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
- Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
- Full-time WiFi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Sleek, low-profile design blends into office environments