The Cisco Meraki MR42E is a cloud-managed 3×3 MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for general purpose deployments in offices, schools, shops, and hotels, the MR42E provides performance, security, and manageability. The MR42E provides a maximum 1.9 Gbps frame rate with concurrent 802.11ac Wave 2 and 802.11n 3×3:3 MIMO radios, and security and spectrum visibility via a third radio dedicated to 24×7 WIDS/WIPS and automated RF optimization. An integrated Bluetooth low energy (BLE) radio delivers Beacon functionality and BLE device scanning.
The MR42E supports a variety of smart, auto-detectable external antenna that can deliver both focused, targeted coverage in challenging RF scenarios as well as broader coverage in a variety of environments, including those with very high ceilings. These antenna include panel and panel downtilt omni-directionals, wide patch, and narrow patch options.
The combination of cloud management, 802.11ac Wave 2, full-time RF environment scanning, and an integrated Bluetooth technology delivers the high throughput, reliability, and flexibility required by the most demanding business applications like voice and high-definition streaming video, both today and tomorrow.
Ideal use cases
- General-purpose wireless LANs
- Challenging RF scenarios
- Focused coverage and flexible deployment
- External antenna connectors
- 3 x 3 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
- 1.9 Gbps aggregate dual-band frame rate
- 24 x 7 real-time WIPS/WIDS and spectrum analytics via dedicated third radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon and scanning radio
- Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
- Full-time Wifi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Sleek, low-profile design blends into office environments
- Optimized for voice and video