The Cisco Meraki MR84 is a four-radio, cloud-managed 4×4 MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2 access point. Designed for high-performance next-generation deployments — in high-density environments with tough RF — the MR84 offers performance, enterprise-grade security, and simple cloud-based management. A unique industrial design enables flexible installation in harsh outdoor conditions or indoor spaces.
The MR84 provides a maximum 2.5 Gbps* aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/WIPS with automated RF optimization, and a fourth integrated radio delivers Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) scanning and Beaconing.
The combination of cloud management, powerful hardware, multiple radios, and advanced software features make the MR84 an outstanding platform for the toughest use cases — including high-density deployments and support for latency-sensitive applications like voice and high-definition video.
Ideal use cases
- High-density and challenging RF stadium, arena, and open-air deployments
- Harsh, rugged, and outdoor environments
- Voice, video, and performance-intensive networks
- 4×4:4 160 MHz MU-MIMO 802.11ac Wave 2
- 2.5 Gbps* dual-radio aggregate frame rate
- 24×7 real-time WIDS/WIPS and spectrum analytics via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated BLE Beacon and scanning radio
- Full-time WiFi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Flexible omni- and directional antenna options
- Sleek, low-profile design blends into indoor and outdoor environments